Monday, April 18, 2005

Lost Letter Addressed to Claudia Cardinale

Dear Claudia,

I watched you from behind dieing flowers and browning leaves, this past autumn, and have fallen madly in love with you. Everyday, I would roll in my thimble to the cross roads and watch as you walk home from the florist, always wearing a new flower in your hair, whistling a beautiful Italian tune. The same everyday. From behind tall grass, I imagine myself entwined in your dark curls, laying in the flowers petals and swimming in your aroma, happier than I have ever been.

At night, I dream of being normal and we dance, like Gene and Judy in 'For Me and My Gal'. We dance in a multi-colored field of all the flowers you ever wore in your hair, lit by a new moon, until the sun cracks the morning sky. Then, we sleep all day wrapped in each other until night falls, when we dance again.

Alas, this is just a dream. I love you but you think me a freak. A "monster". I heard you talking to Jake in the Soda shop. I was playing in the pinball machine when you both came in laughing. Him miming squashing me between his thumb and index finger. You, giggling wonderfully, stroking his arm. I am not a freak. I have feelings like you and Jake and Mr. Goldsworthy. I maybe the smallest boy in the world but I have the biggest heart.

When I was born, the doctors told my mother I would not last a day. That I would die 1mm tall and weighing half a gram. Next June I will be sixteen years old. My mother used to tell me I survived because I had so much love to give. That I couldn't die without giving it. I want to show you this love, to show you that I'm better because I am small. I can fulfill you more than any man. Please, Claudia, let me prove it.

I love you,
Tom Thumb

18 comments:

  1. This town, is coming like a ghost town
    All the clubs have been closed down
    This place, is coming like a ghost town
    Bands won't play no more
    Too much fighting on the dance floor

    Do you remember the good old days before the ghost town
    We danced and sang, and the music played inna de boomtown

    This town, is coming like a ghost town
    Why must the youth fight against themselves
    Government leaving the youth on the shelf
    This place, is coming like a ghost town
    No job to be found in this country
    Can't go on no more
    The people getting angry

    This town, is coming like a ghost town
    This town, is coming like a ghost town
    This town, is coming like a ghost town
    This town, is coming like a ghost town

    This town, is coming like a ghost town
    This town, is coming like a ghost town
    This town, is coming like a ghost town
    This town, is coming like a ghost town

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't consider myself rude, just very emotional. A girly girl.
    Too much Kelly Clarkson in my diet.
    Since U Been Gone kicks ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good. Funny but also quite heartfelt. Applause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if I like the image of Tom Thumb doing a fully grown woman, which this story has put in my head. But the tale was noble none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I... I... I like... Ummm....

    I like Kelly Clarkson, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, have you any other photos, that one is pretty dark and its hard to make you out...

    I WANT TO SEE YOU! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, my name is Jessie ;)
    I'm gonna brighten this pic up a little.

    If Tom Thumb does that bird, she must be sitting down and he must be standing up. Otherwise... I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, watch Pedro Almodovars movie 'Talk to Her'. There is a vividly imagined scene that should illustrate what Tom Thumb and a woman would looked like having intimate relations.

    Also, Claudia Cardinale is a real woman. An actress, no less. Check out her IMDB info here:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001012/
    She was a bit of a babe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everybody knows that! Don't they? :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know. I've had to explain it to some people.
    Wait, what are we talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Claudia Cardinale is a real woman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes... yes. Oh.
    Yes, I've had to tell people. She isn't exactly famous around these green hills, you know. She is still alive too. Quite the shock to my senses. I bet she is still beautiful, even in her old age.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think she is, quite. But how old is she now?? she must be a fossil. Probably not as old as the new Pope, though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I deduce she is exactly 67 and 4 days. So, she is still young. YAH.
    Hm, it was her birthday last thursday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAUDIA CARDINALE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanx Jessie,
    Maybe is I get off my sexy some day, I will figure out how to up load photo on BLogspot and I'll show you my photo too...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no it wont!

    It will be something else altogether.

    ReplyDelete