Saturday, June 25, 2005

Just Two Examples

My memories have been sabotaged. I try to remember events, simple things, such as a trip to the cinema or making dinner. But, as hard as I try, I can’t imagine me doing these things, which I have definitely done, without the image of me being asleep, snoring loudly among all of the people who were there.
As they happened in reality, I was not asleep at the cinema or making dinner. I was wide awake. But imagining them, I see myself sitting in front of a large screen, Batman Begins, and my head is tilted back on the seat, my mouth agape, and I'm obnoxiously snoring, though nobody around me cares. Or I'm standing in front of the oven, holding a tray. Again my head is tilted back, my mouth wide open. A noise like a boar being raped emanating from within.

1 comment:

  1. We're just used to it by now Rob, I have come to find the sound of your snoring soothing.

    ReplyDelete