Sunday, August 07, 2005

The House with the Red Door

Current mood: Gallows Humour

John Coffey laid the foundation, plotted, dug and levelled.
Paddy Heffernan framed the house, installed windows and doors.
James Kiely roofed of the house, erected beams, and attic space.
John Enright laid the flooring, mostly wooden but some tiled.
Jack Powell inserted the kitchen, hung presses and installed appliances.
Denis O’ Sullivan designed, created and installed the grand, marble fireplace.
Anthony Doherty finished the electrics, including the alarm system.
Peter Lynch painted the house, exterior and interior.
Willie O Gorman delivered the furniture.

All these people are dead.
The house with the red door is the house death built.

2 comments:

  1. Robert ,My Home need a better way to heat the house,I am burn some wood,since now prices have gone thru the roof and with the high cost of energy I have started a site about Outdoor Stone Fireplace is where I purchased a wood burning stove .
    Anyway enjoyed you blog this post , BYE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a indoor fireplaces site and was suprised to find your site and it has given me some good ideas for mine, cool. :)

    ReplyDelete