Saturday, May 13, 2006

Komecks

I used to read comics in my youth, before being lured away by animated media in later years. So it was with some degree of nostalgia that I sat down to read a new one I had recently received.

Ten minutes later I was practically shouting "This is brilliant." For some reason, it had me enthralled. The story was throwing in new twists and turns by the second. Even though I knew what was going to happen, as I had seen the animé, it all seemed new, and totally unpredictable.

It took me at least a hundred pages of joy to figure out why this was so...

...I was reading the pages in the wrong direction.

Thanks Japan. You gave me a hundred pages of sheer wonder today. And if you, our noble, generous and often bemused readers are wondering, no, I'm not being sarky.

2 comments:

  1. That is some funny shit. I nearly crashed into a guy today while I was driving on the wrong side of the road...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost lost my job for accidentally talking backwards

    ReplyDelete