Thursday, August 11, 2005

Laundry Fate

Current mood: Chavez

They say he was driving home and fell asleep behind the wheel. Working too late, getting up too early. Not enough rest, with a baby on the way. Well, the car left the road and hit a tree. He wasn’t killed. Or drunk. They tested him in the hospital before some injection. He has stopped drinking for a while now, which is good. And with a baby on the way. But the joke is that the tree he crashed into, and the surrounding wood, was to be cut down just a couple of days later. To make bibles they say, hundreds of bibles. Perhaps that’s why he wasn’t killed.
But I don’t think that’s how it happened. It’s true that he crashed. And he wasn’t drunk. Maybe even drink free for a few months now. I’m not going to argue that. But I say he saw that tree as escape. Ten years drunk only to sober up to find a girlfriend and a baby on the way. A ball pregnant with the chain. Sure, I can understand, so young and with nothing to his name. Only a family that doesn’t want him. A tree would look tempting to me as well, were I in his shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment