Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Prelude

An amazing, dead Hunger slithers through cavernous city streets. Gloops and globs of oily, black snails’ trails and primal palm prints form perfect, cinematic evidence of the mindless living thing. Cars that rest on their own shattered windshields beep and boom, unable to right themselves like turtles turned on their shells. Holes like bowls, crispy and dusty, reminders of what was lost, what was gobbled up by the unsustainable greasy void, the dark-worshiper, the indiscriminate devourer, the Hunger.
Bleary, morning eyes scan stained, rumbled confirmations of nighttime creepy crawlies. The broken, bent street lights shooting sparks that sprinkle vehicles, the torn fire hydrants, gashed in the centre, water spitting from the jagged, red, metal mouth and the evidence of vanished street dwellers. A lonely pink stiletto lying on graffiti marked street corner or the unfinished black hind of a street mongrel. Police torches throw light in every empty corner, in the eyes of drunken, sleepy hobos, under bridges spanning dried riverbeds and rubbished canals. But the Hunger has migrated forward, following the night under oceans and over land, an unrelenting monster, a swelling cavity.

14 comments:

  1. No but seriously, why the name change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Distance & control.
    Nothing is sacred. It pays to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so it looks like Rob has finally lost it. Come on we all knew it was coming. All that remains for us to do is to put him out of his misery. Any volunteers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you'd like to do it yourself? just checking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldnt mind having a crack at him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From what I heard you already spend to much time at his crack.

    No but seriously Rob, what sort of an answer is that? Why the name change?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why not a name change?
    I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comicale.

    Why to "Stupid Bastard"?

    Oh, and just so you know, fuck you for making me ask this question three times. I know you knew what I was asking the first time around. Now stop being a silly billy, answer the question.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just, this may sound retarded but it gives me persepective. Puts me in a mind-set I want to be in, one that I'm comfortable with.

    It's funny because Dan seems to be insulted by it, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Allow me to inform you that when you say "Puts me in a mind-set I want to be in" you're wrong. Just so you know.

    Anyway, who changed the word to Wrinkles? It makes me cringe every time I see it. Is it supposed to be a joke or reference.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I changed it to wrinkles... but it was really only a test to see if I could change it at all...
    I thought you might have a better idea of what to change it to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good boy BT3 for the suggestion. Though, I have learned that Herr Daly is freaked out by wrinkles, so I might leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I work on similar principles with my ombudsman so I'm with you all the way. No pain, no rib cracking laughter.

    What about a modification to wriklepoos? Too much? Not enough? Fuck it, you're right. Leave it as is and attend to the ribs later.

    Later.

    ReplyDelete