Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Gammy Awards

Yes, the Irish Blog Awards. That time of the year again when the girls get to dress up like ladies and the men get to bang those girls in taxis crossing the breadth of Dublin city. The circle of life unfolding into a delicious sandwich.
Anyway, I know how you, the reader, loves to lavish us with verbal praise and accolades. Well, as your leader, I would like you to take it up a notch and vote for us, not just once, but as many as you can. I'm not officially telling you to cheat. Cheating is bad n' shit. But bend the rules so that we win by a large margin.
I respect the Irish blog awards and their organisers. Although for seventy years it has been regarded as 'pat on the back' for the industry, the award ceremony is still watched annually by three billion people from around the globe. The famous statuette Bertie, which is awarded to the nights winners, is an icon recognisable from Trinidad to Kinsale for his golden beer belly and cowards hunch.
To vote for us, just read this and follow the simple instructions. Here are the categories:

* Best Blogger
* Best Blog Post
* Most Humorous Post
* Best Photo Blog
* Best Fictional Piece in a Blog
* Best Arts and Culture Blog
* Best Political Blog
* Best Group Blog
* Best Comment/Commenter
* Best Personal Blog
* Best Use of the Irish Language in a Blog
* Best Contribution to the Irish Bloggersphere (Tech wise)

Yes folks. Only you can fill me with pride and make my high chair seem like a symbol for my brilliance rather than just being where I eat the food my mother prepares. Do us justice. You.

7 comments:

  1. Gah, I really can't be arsed.

    As such, I can't really expect anyone else to either.

    Although if we do win an award, I'll buy all the regulars to the site ice-cream. Yes, I'll even post a dollar, or whatever the hell a cone with a flake costs in the States, to anyone from there.

    You're not going to get a better fucking offer than that, from anyone. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man... I'm not even voting... I'm just acutely aware of how everything we post goes up on Irishblogs.ie... so, fuck it and post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I am going to nominate us, so I want to know from EVERYONE which is the:
    Funniest post here on L&M...
    The overall best post....
    And the best fictional piece... which is like the best overal post as they are all fictional...
    Okay everyone. Be quick. I only have a few days to nominate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. To make things easier have a look at The Funk section dude. The best shit is there.

    I nominate the post where Bond molests a child while talking like Snoop Dogg as the best factual post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to confirm that I am also not going to vote.
    Your best post by far is ‘another story by kelly’ from April 05.
    I am however interested in Daly’s promised ice cream. I am sure your readers from outside Ireland will be happy with an envelope full of sugary milk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am opposed to this current tidal rush towards blog awards and the need to vote. I am not going to vote. However, I would like some ice cream, depending on brand and flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brand and flavour is up to the voter, even if it comes in at over a euro/dollar. You could say to me that a honeycomb icecream cone is €1.75. That's fine.

    ReplyDelete